http://www.ruby.ch/tutorial/
http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/doc.html
http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/man-1.4/index.html
http://www.rubycentral.com/book/
http://www.rubycentral.com/faq/
http://www.ruby-lang.org/~slagell/ruby/index.html

> 2) I'm coming from PHP, so this everything is an object kind of throws me.

I understood OO after
http://www.ruby-lang.org/~slagell/ruby/oothinking.html

Befor that, I knew the class/object, class/subclass concepts, but the
above paper helped me understand the motivation and advantages.

Solutions can be tought, but can't be understood if the problem is not
described.

Tobi

--
Neither simple nor complex matters are to be complicated.