Mike Stephens wrote in post #959251:
> If you use eRuby, then the two are very similar in the way you code, the
> way you inter-operate with middleware, and in the amout of code needed.

That's true, but I'd say that most ruby app designers don't write their
app logic within eruby.

To try a different way of doing things, have a look at Sinatra. A
starter Sinatra app is 4 lines:

require "sinatra"
get "/" do
  "Hello world!"
end

Run your app standalone from the commandline, or from within Apache or
Nginx using Phusion Passenger.

Your next step would be to use templates for response pages - templates
can either be stored inline, or in separate files - and helper methods
for code snippets to be called within templates. Then connect it to a
database using an ORM layer of your choice.

eruby is one of many choices for template languages (I prefer HAML), but
what you're trying to do is keep your request processing logic out of
the template, and centralised in your application code.