On 10/27/2010 4:54 AM, Arihan Sinha wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I wanted to do the following actions.Delete some files from a location
> in windows and mac system .
>
> System1 ( win 7) ----> System2 (Win 7) which is working fine
>
>  pwd = Dir.pwd
>             Dir.chdir("\\\\System2\\C$\\Users\\TeamCity\\AppData\\Local\\Google\\Chrome\\User
> Data\\Default")
>             FileUtils.rm_r Dir.glob('*'),:force => true
>             Dir.chdir(pwd)

Not really addressing your question, but here is a simplified version of
what you're doing:

Dir.chdir("\\\\System2\\C$\\Users\\TeamCity\\AppData\\Local\\Google\\Chrome\\User
Data\\Default") do
  FileUtils.rm_r Dir.glob('*'),:force => true
end

> System1 ( win 7 ) -----> System3 (MAC with Leopard 10.5)
>

> I am trying to access the folder of the mac system by using window
> explorer in my system1 and navigate to the
> \\System3\Users\teamcity\Library but its not successful.

What error do you receive when attempting to access that location using
the Windows file explorer?  Have you enabled any sort of
Windows-compatible file sharing on your Mac?  Is authentication required
in order to access any shares your Mac may be providing?

I can't do much more than provide general hand waving when it comes to
Macs since I've never used OSX myself, unfortunately.  Hopefully, these
questions can get you started moving in the right direction.

-Jeremy