On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 19:15:13 +0900, Maurizio Cirilli <mauricirl / gmail.com>
wrote:
> OK, so  looks like there is no way with Ruby to extract
> single subarrays from md-arrays with unknown dimensions.
>
> Thanks all for help.
>
> -- Maurizio

It almost certainly can. I think you just need to rephrase your question
so people can see what exactly you want to do. Here is an irb session
showing you one way of doing what I think you want to do:

>> ss = [[1,2,3],[4,5,6],[7,8,9]]
=> [[1, 2, 3], [4, 5, 6], [7, 8, 9]]
>> main_scope = binding()
=> #<Binding:0x1011c2828>
>> ss.each_with_index{|x,i| eval("v#{i} = x.clone",main_scope) }
=> [[1, 2, 3], [4, 5, 6], [7, 8, 9]]
>> v1
>> v0
>> v2

It's almost certainly not the 'right' way to do what you really want
though.

--
Alex Gutteridge