On 22 Okt., 11:53, Cosimo Guglielmucci <cosimo.guglielmu... / gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've found very few on the net in regards of Windows and the option
> available in the ODBC Driver/ODBC Driver Manager.
> So the following problem still remain unsolved:
>
> irb> require 'odbc'
> irb> conn = ODBC::connect('giomai_db_dsn', 'sa', 'password' )
> irb> query = conn.prepare("select * from citt where idcitt = 1)
> irb> query.execute
> ODBC::Error:37000 (170) [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL
> Server]Riga 1: sintassi non corretta in prossimit¦Á di ''.
>          from (irb):xx:in `execute'
>          from (irb):xx
> irb>

As Soon As you are using non ASCII chars for column ( or table ) names
You has to use the utf-8 charset. So you need a
require 'odbc_utf8'

And you has to convert your query strings from cp850 to utf-8 with
iconv
And you may have to convert you result from utf-8 back to cp850.