On Oct 16, 2010, at 15:23 , Paul Roche wrote:

> Hi, what's the opposite the concatenate sign << ?
>
> For example I want to do the opposite of what the following piece of
> code does...........
>

> player.in_squad = player.in_squad << team
>
> This ads a player to the team.
>
> From this syntax, what must I change to take a player from the team?

That is really strange. At first, I simply didn't look closely enough at that, and "fixed" it in my head so that it actually said

	team << player.in_squad

Which I would read as "add this player to the team." But your code looks like "add this team to the player" or perhaps "give the player this team on which to be."

So I'm with Josh: in this case, "<<" does NOT mean "concatenate." You'll have to read the docs or the code to figure out what it really does mean, and whether or not any kind of 'opposite' method is available.

Now, if the object on the left were an array, then "<<" means "append," not "concatenate." "Push" also means "append," and the reverse process is "pop."