On Oct 16, 2010, at 15:23 , Paul Roche wrote:

> Hi, what's the opposite the concatenate sign << ?
>=20
> For example I want to do the opposite of what the following piece of
> code does...........
>=20
>=20
> player.in_squad =3D player.in_squad << team
>=20
> This ads a player to the team.
>=20
> =46rom this syntax, what must I change to take a player from the team?

That is really strange. At first, I simply didn't look closely enough at =
that, and "fixed" it in my head so that it actually said

	team << player.in_squad

Which I would read as "add this player to the team." But your code looks =
like "add this team to the player" or perhaps "give the player this team =
on which to be."

So I'm with Josh: in this case, "<<" does NOT mean "concatenate." You'll =
have to read the docs or the code to figure out what it really does =
mean, and whether or not any kind of 'opposite' method is available.=20

Now, if the object on the left were an array, then "<<" means "append," =
not "concatenate." "Push" also means "append," and the reverse process =
is "pop."