--001485f5cdf84a3c4b0492c2929c

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 3:52 AM, Brian Candler <b.candler / pobox.com> wrote:

> Travis Tslib wrote in post #954723:
> http://www.crudvision.com/reve-ruby-eve-online-api-library/ was last
> updated July 2007, although the ChangeLog in SVN has an entry from
> 2008-01-13. So maybe it falls into the "needs modification to work with
> 1.9" camp.

The one on github (http://github.com/lisa/reve the one linked to by
rubygems) was updated on the third, and has a 1300 line test file. It looks
like she added the version thing to the code on August 22
http://github.com/lisa/reve/commit/1254c3ce2f20ee17126b7ddbca2381dcc0d1cfe1

For whatever reason it doesn't download the VERSION file with the gem
install command. I don't know why, it looks like it is in what I assume is
the manifest (I've never successfully made a gem, so not experienced enough
to say)
http://github.com/lisa/reve/blob/f538128ef5cc5b4e8ef576ea3e97ee13dcdc63e0/Rakefile#L29
http://github.com/lisa/reve/blob/f538128ef5cc5b4e8ef576ea3e97ee13dcdc63e0/reve.gemspec#L20

If the eve gem doesn't work out, reve might be worth another look. Might
even be able to bug them to help you :) She would probably enjoy that
someone is interested in their work more than be annoyed that they have to
explain it.

Anyway, I don't think she is on 1.9.2, because there are a few places she
uses relative paths, but I ran the test file (
http://github.com/lisa/reve/blob/master/test/test_reve.rb), and they all
basically passed.

--001485f5cdf84a3c4b0492c2929c--