On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 1:57 AM, Dave Howell
<groups.2009a / grandfenwick.net> wrote:

> The better I get at reading other people's Ruby code, the less I'll need to rely on good documentation.

Reading source code is good. But in order to use something you
shouldn't need to reverse engineer an implementation, that's a waste
of time in my view. It might be equivalent for small libs, but
generally speaking it is better that you get the stuff digested, and
presented as only the experience and motivations of the author can do.

If you pick AWDwR you have a very balanced perspective on everything
Rails in a few hours of reading. You have a teacher that has prepared
the material properly. If you want to get the same knowledge by
yourself reverse engineering Rails, good luck with that.