On Oct 14, 2010, at 5:40 PM, Denny Britz wrote:

> I think I installed ruby from source, I don't quite remember. I now
> put
> /usr/local/bin before /usr/bin in my path, which works. However,
> when I
> try to run a rake tasks I get the following error:
>
> rake db:seed
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.9.1/rubygems.rb:340:in `bin_path': can't find
> executable rake for rake-0.8.7 (Gem::Exception)
>  from /usr/local/bin/rake:19:in `<main>'

Does this give you any clues? (If not, post the output for all to see)

which gem
which rake
gem env
gem list -d rake

If the last one doesn't show you the rake gem where you'd expect to
find it, you might have to re-install the rake gem using the proper
gem executable.

-Rob

Rob Biedenharn
Rob / AgileConsultingLLC.com	http://AgileConsultingLLC.com/