On Oct 13, 7:11=A0am, Esen Sagynov <kadish... / gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install CUBRID Database Driver through "gem install
> cubrid" on my Windows x64 machine.
>
> 1. I have installed CUBRID 3.0 x64.
> 2. Ruby 1.8.7-p302 fromhttp://rubyinstaller.org/downloads/
> 3. DevKit-3.4.5-20100819-1535-sfx.exe fromhttp://rubyinstaller.org/downlo=
>
> In the gem's extconf.rb, there is a line which checks if there is a
> "cascci" library like "if have_library("cascci", "cci_init")". The path
> to cascci library is correctly set in "C:/CUBRID/lib", include files are
> in "C:/CUBRID/include".

seems you have tried --with-cascci-lib=3DC:/CUBRID/lib --with-cascci-
include=3DC:/CUBRID/include

> However, when I install cubrid gem using "gem install cubrid", or when I
> compile it using "ruby extconf.rb" I got the following error:

Did you provide the above parameters?

When calling ruby extconf.rb, you can do them directly. When doing
with the gem, you need separate them with --

gem install cubrid -- --with-cascci-lib=3DC:/CUBRID/lib --with-cascci-
include=3DC:/CUBRID/include

> have_library: checking for cci_init() in -lcascci... --------- no
>

> I checked the path, it is correct, CUBRID is installed. I have
> successfully installed both through gem and through manual compilation
> the same cubrid gem on Windows 32 bit. But on x64 it fails.

Are you sure are supplying these parameters to the gem installation?

> How should I compile the gem under Windows x64? Should I have some
> libraries for it? Why rubygem cannot find the library in x64? I suppose
> some flags should be present to indicate that this is x64 machine. Or is
> there anything else I should know?

No, Ruby is 32bits, you don't need a 64bits cubrid library because is
not going to work (32bits Ruby needs 32bits libraries)

> Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Something I noticed is that CUBRID libraries were compiled with newer
Visual C runtime libraries. That might have issues (or not, since
haven't installed it to test).

Please test the above suggestions for command line and let us know.

There should be no issue under x64 unless you installed CUBRID 64bits.

--
Luis Lavena