On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Intransition <transfire / gmail.com> wrote:
> String::Mask is a library I created not for a specific use case, but
> simply b/c it had a certain logical sense to it. However, to this day
> I have not conceived of any need for it. I'm wondering if anyone else
> can think of a case where it might be useful.
>
> I created a QED file which explains it pretty well:

Frankly, from the description it's not clear to me what this is
supposed to do.  What is the string, what is the mask and what does
the mask do?  Apparently there are operations available on masks but
how do I apply a mask - and what to?  And what's the result of
applying a mask to something?  What does escaping do?

Cheers

robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/