Hello all,

I'm just doing some data entry work and thought it would be fun to
automate my work with Ruby.(yes I could do this in VB but what fun is
that?)

What I am doing is putting column N into an Array. And then comparing
the array to an already specified array to get the value. If that value
is present then I want to put an X in column P-V, Time in w-x and dates
in y-z. so far I have got everything that I have coded to work correctly
but haven't put classes or any structure to it. Just wanted to see if
what I was doing was ruby~esque so far and if anyone had any cool tricks
or see something I am doing wrong. (My first program automating excel or
really anything in ruby) I have automated some files with tutorials but
this is my first attempt on automating anything for any relevant
purpose. It's only half 1/4 or 1/8 written so far.
My goal is to loop through the items one by one, incrementing +1 to the
next cell until I reach the end of the file.
if __FILE__ == $0
  # TODO Generated stub
  require 'win32ole'
xl = WIN32OLE.connect('Excel.Application')
wb = xl.ActiveWorkbook
ws = xl.ActiveSheet
ws.Range('N1').each do |cell|
ws.Range('P1:V1').each do |days|
  ContentsN = cell.value
  CellContentsN = ContentsN.scan(/\w+/)
  Dayofweek = %w{Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
Sunday}
  Month = %w{Janurary Feburary March April May June July August
September October November December}
  01.upto(31){|Day|}
  Comparedayofweek = Dayofweek & CellContentsN
  Comparemonth = Month & CellContentsN
  Compareday = Day & CellContentsN