On Oct 11, 10:48 pm, "ara.t.howard" <ara.t.how... / gmail.com> wrote:
> NAME
>   map.rb
>
> SYNOPSIS
>   the ruby container you've always wanted: a string/symbol indifferent ordered
>   hash that works in all rubies

Hi Ara,

There is also Stash library (gem install stash -or- gem install
hashery).

One difference between Stash and your Map, is that it uses Strings
rather then Symbols for keys so they can be garbage collected.

Looks like we created these libraries for the same reason. I agree
with your statement "the ruby container you've always wanted". IMO
Ruby's built-in Hash should work like this because most of the time
that's really what we want. A Hash that allows for any type key could
be separate class instantiated explicitly.