For starters - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TMTOWTDI

Second, ruby is very beautiful code.  It's a tad bit of a mind fsck at =
first, which is a good thing.  Programming languages are only valuable =
if they teach you how to think in different ways.

Yes, the lack of parenthesis are irritating at first.  If you stick with =
Ruby, and really dig in, you'll begin to get used to it.  More =
important, you'll develop an opinion on how syntax *should* be.  For me, =
I'm exceptionally pedantic on the following:

- Declaring a method: Always use parenthesis
- Calling a method: Don't use parenthesis unless you're trying to do =
something complicated (s/complicated/stupid/)
- ie,
  # define
  def pow(num1, num2)
    num1 ** num2
  end
  # call
  pow 10, 2
- also: if you use a single-letter variable name, I will kill you in =
your sleep

I'm also a sticker on return statements.  Ruby will return the last =
value in a method.  That said, if your method is not simple, I'm very =
big on making sure everything is explicit.  Also, I'm big on using =
parenthesis in a return statement.
  return(num1 ** num2) # ahhh

In conclusion, you really won't find a gofmt.com edition for Ruby.  It'd =
be more of a gofys.com.  TMTOWTDI means a bit of freedom and, therefore, =
disagreement.  I think that's a very healthy thing, albeit =
rage-inspiring at times.

If you really can't handle it, Python was invented by some guy who =
clearly had to spend his internship days maintaining someone else's Perl =
code...

Scott