--002354435c7e0b46170492448fe4

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Ryan Davis <ryand-ruby / zenspider.com>wrote:

> P.S. I'm still mulling over Steve Klabnik's suggestion that the output be
> sorted.

I haven't made any psychological tests on this, but I suspect that if I'm
looking at a largish print out it might be easier to notice something
unexpected if the print out is always in the same order. So that seems a
useful option to me.

I think it could be very confusing when you do have test dependency errors

good point

> but that there might be some way to mitigate the confusion.

I hesitate to suggest this, because it seems too obvious, so there might be
something wrong with it that I'm missing. If the output is going to be
sorted, the whole of the unsorted output will be available (?), so there
could be an option to write the unsorted output to a file, as well as
outputting the sorted output?

--002354435c7e0b46170492448fe4--