On Oct 9, 2010, at 1:19 PM, Ruby Program wrote:

> Was using highline for a program I am making for learning/fun. I got =
it
> working perfectly but I have made it hit a limit which I don't know =
how
> to get past. I want it to be able to use get_charter outside the
> console.

HighLine is really focused towards console interactions, so it probably =
won't be of much help outside of that environment.

If you are wanting to read characters off of some IO-like interface for =
Ruby getc() may help.  If you mean that you wish to capture keystrokes =
in a GUI environment, you'll need to look at a windowing toolkit.

I hope that helps.

James Edward Gray II=