On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 12:38 AM, Ed Reed <joebananas10 / gmail.com> wrote:
> Phillip Gawlowski wrote:
>
>> Postgres, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, Informix, SAP ERP.
>
> There's no need to be a smart ass, you knew exactly what I was talking
> about.
>
> From their own websites...
[snip list o'vendors]

You should also check the programming language bindings these vendors
supply. You'll find that Ruby is lacking in pretty much all of them
(Oracle provided a package for Ruby, but I don't think it's still
supported; it's hard to find, anyway), leaving it to the Ruby
community to provide support. And since the Ruby community is
predominantly *NIX oriented, you can't expect Windows support
automatically.

If Ruby doesn't fit within your set of constraints (Win7 +ODBC + Web),
move on, and pick something that does (e.g. Win7 + ASP.NET + SQL
Server Express).

--
Phillip Gawlowski

Though the folk I have met,