On 6 Oct 2010, at 15:48, Rick DeNatale wrote:
> Sounds a bit like several historic efforts like Uncol, IBM's SOM, and
> Microsoft's (D)CLR.

I don't think anyone's done this particularly well to date, in large =
part because it's a ferociously difficult problem domain to get a decent =
handle on. But I guess that's part of the attraction lol

> Also sounds for a great topic for a Ruby Conf version of the kind of
> semi-inebriated late night discussions I used to enjoy at OOPSLA with
> the likes of Kent Beck, Ward Cunningham, George Bosworth of Digitalk
> (who went on to work on DCLR at MS before giving up on them) and
> others back in the heyday.

Well I've never been backward in geeking when there's beer on tap, =
though finding anyone who can understand what the hell I'm on about is =
always a bit of a sticking point. They just don't make young geeks like =
they used to...

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains