Jesús Gabriel y Galán wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 10:07 AM, Amit Tomar <amittomer25 / yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> ? ? ? ? i would like to know how do i detect END OF FILE file in
>> ruby.is there
>> any EOF operator ?in ruby???
>
> Usually the ways of reading a file in Ruby are higher level, where the
> EOF is handled for you:
>
> content = File.read("file.txt")
> content = File.readlines("file.txt")
> File.foreach("file.txt") {|line| content << line}
>
> and so on.
>
> What are you trying to do?
>
> Jesus.

             Am looking to configure mongrels's http_request.rb in
order to
delete mongrel temporary file after upload .This is what i would like to
have

def initialize(params, socket, dispatchers)
      @params = params
      @socket = socket
      @dispatchers = dispatchers
      content_length = @params[Const::CONTENT_LENGTH].to_i
      remain = content_length - @params.http_body.length

      # tell all dispatchers the request has begun
      @dispatchers.each do |dispatcher|
        dispatcher.request_begins(@params)
      end unless @dispatchers.nil? || @dispatchers.empty?

      # Some clients (like FF1.0) report 0 for body and then send a
body.  This will probably truncate them but at least the request goes
through usually.
      if remain <= 0
        # we've got everything, pack it up
        @body = StringIO.new
        @body.write @params.http_body
        update_request_progress(0, content_length)
      elsif remain > 0
        # must read more data to complete body
        if remain > Const::MAX_BODY
          # huge body, put it in a tempfile