On 10/5/2010 12:03 PM, Tridib Bandopadhyay wrote:
> Jeremy Bopp wrote:
>> On 10/5/2010 9:16 AM, Tridib Bandopadhyay wrote:
>>>
>>> Linux sol.usd.edu 2.6.9-89.0.23.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Mar 17 06:49:21 EDT
>>> 2010 x86_64                x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>>
>> It looks like the server is running some version of RedHat Linux.  What
>> is the output of this:
>>
>> cat /etc/redhat-release
>>
> Output is::
>
> CentOS release 4.8 (Final)

CentOS is a derivative of RedHat, so that's good information.  Thanks!

>> BTW, have you tried contacting the administrator of the server to ask if
>> he/she could install ruby?
>
> Still now I didn't contact the administrator..May be I will contact them
> by the night time.

Unless I'm mistaken, the ruby package for that version of CentOS is
version 1.8.1.  Maybe that will suit your needs and maybe not.  It won't
hurt to ask them to install it and then give it a try at least.

Have you tried installing ruby onto your Windows computer?  You might be
able to avoid all this mess if you do that.

-Jeremy