On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Johan Soderholm <teisto / surfy.net> wrote:
> Hello, obviously it's a time for a noobie question. What the following
> statement means?
>
> Object.object.method()
> Sample code:
>
> window = Gtk::Window.new(Gtk::Window::TOPLEVEL)
> area = Gtk::DrawingArea.new()
> area.window.set_cursor(Gdk::Cursor.new(Gdk::Cursor::PENCIL))

I assume you are talking about that last line.

area.window.set_cursor(dk::Cursor::PENCIL)

What that means is:

  1. send the message window to the object referenced by the variable
area (which in the above code would be an instance of
Gtk::DrawingArea.  This will return a result object.

  2. send the result object which was returned in step 1 the message
set_cursor with the argument dk::Cursor::PENCIL

--
Rick DeNatale

Github: http://github.com/rubyredrick
Twitter: @RickDeNatale