On Oct 2, 2010, at 05:36 , Ammar Ali wrote:

> Seriously, I believe these questions are not worth asking.

Then why do you bother with this mailing list? You might as well =
unsubscribe now.

> It is 100% possible in both principle and in practice to convert Ruby =
code into another language where the output performs the same functions =
as the original code.

I know. I've done it. Twice. See ruby2c for one such example. There is =
another, zenobfuscate, (unreleased) that translates ruby to ruby c =
internals so that you can compile a ruby c extension and ship a binary =
instead of raw source. This may be what the OP wanted, but since nobody =
bothered to ask before answering (in volumes), it looks like they were =
chased off.

> However, the output will have nothing to do with Ruby in any way.

This is entirely false and I see absolutely no justification in the rest =
of your mail for such a claim.