Hi,

At:

    http://www.cyclic.com/CVS/Docs/manual/cvs_21.html#SEC178

I found this interesting note near the end of the above page:

"On AIX systems, the system will often have its own program trying to
use port 2401. This is AIX's problem in the sense that port 2401 is
registered for use with CVS. I hear that there is an AIX patch available
to address this problem."

Unfortunately this note provided no further information concerning the
date, number, title, or other identifying data that might have been
useful for finding out more about this.

Also, would it be possible to create tar.gz files of Ruby development
versions from time to time the way that the Perl world does with its
developer versions?

--
Conrad Schneiker