2010/10/1 Robert Dober <robert.dober / gmail.com>

> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 6:40 AM, Robin <r / thevoid1.net> wrote:
> > how can we make a thing that compiles ruby into c++ source code?
> > does anyone want to help me make one....
> > -r
> >
> > r / thevoid1.net
> >

> Short answer: You cant

I second Robert.

Some of significant points to consider:

   - Ruby is duck-typed and C++ is strictly typed.  A Ruby variable can be
   string at one point, a harsh at some instance, an array at some point, a=
nd
   Fixnum at another point. This might be difficult to track when converted=
   C++.

   - Ruby and C++ are not closest syntactic relatives. Ruby has some
   features (data structures, e.t.c) that make it incomparable to C++. With=
   lot code spread over gems and with gems coming out almost daily), I do n=
ot
   know how easy it can become to bring all that code to a C++ syntax.

   - Coding styles among developers differ a lot in Ruby, because of its
   flexibility

---
Edmond
Software Developer | Baobab Health Trust (http://www.baobabhealth.org/) |
Malawi

Cell:  +265 999 465 137 | +265 881 234 717

*"Many people doubt open source software and probably don=92t realize that
there is an alternative=85 which is just as good.." -- Kevin Scannell*