On Sep 30, 4:43=A0pm, Eric Christopherson <echristopher... / gmail.com>
wrote:

> Also (this is to Luis), I tried removing and reinstalling some gems,
> and I still don't have a .ri folder, nor have I found any YAML files
> in my whole Ruby installation.

ri documentation for gems is installed along the gem inside rubygems
directory.

Try this:

gem which win32console

And see the path that is output, one level above gems/win32console* is
where you could find "docs" directory for gems

Since you mention rdoc-data I pointed you to .ri in your home
directory because that is where it stores it.

> I did try win32console, but it didn't help. I will look into wac. And
> from my recent reading on the subject, ansi.sys doesn't work in modern
> versions of Windows.

wac doesn't need ansi.sys, it mentions that emulates what ansi used to
do.

--
Luis Lavena