On Sep 30, 10:38   ﮮ
> On Thursday 30 September 2010, RichardOnRails wrote:
>

> > |Hi,
> > |
> > |I'm using Example:http://rubylearning.com/satishtalim/ruby_arrays.html
> > |as a guide to GetoptLong usage.
> > |
> > |uninitialized constant GetoptLong::OptionalArgument (NameError)
> > |
> > |for line 10 of the program listed below (with line 10 flagged).
> > |anyone point me to a working example of GetoptsLong usage?
> > |
> > |Thanks in Advance,
> > |Richard
> > |
> > |# SummarizeBalances.rb
> > |# K:\_Projects\Ruby\_Ruby_Apps\InvestmentSW
> > |# Example:http://rubylearning.com/satishtalim/ruby_arrays.html
> > |
> > |require 'GetoptLong'
> > |
> > |  ֮
> > |
> > |  > > |
> > |    纺> > |   좬  纺
> > |

> > |  Process the arguments
> > |

> > |  ֮
> > |

> As you can see from the link you posted, the constant name is
> GetoptLong::OPTIONAL_ARGUMENT, not GetoptLong::OptionalArgument. However,'d
> consider using OptionParser (which, like GetoptLong is included in the ruby
> standard library) rather than GetoptLong, since it provides a much more ruby-
> oriented interface.
>
> Stefano

Hi Stefano,

Excellent response.

>> As you can see ...
Admittedly, I did see the syntax in the example.  What I didn't see,
alas, was the precise option I wanted to use.  By time I clicked my
SciTE editor, thus overlaying the example,  I forgot the syntax.
Remembering the words was all I could muster.  Sad tale :-)

>> OptionParser
Looks good, especially the comprehensive example.

Best wishes,
Richard