On Sep 29, 2010, at 4:05 PM, Ast Jay <azzzz / gmx.net> wrote:

> ...and everything seems to go ok. I do ruby -v and I'm told I have
> 1.9.2, but after restarting the machine it goes back to 1.8.7 :-/
>=20
> Am I doing something wrong?

It seems it's a problem with your paths variable.  You should see that =
ruby and friends did indeed get installed in the /usr/local/bin =
directory, which could only happen installing as root (using sudo).

Is /usr/local/bin still at the beginning of your paths when you do echo =
$PATH?  Is your default user shell bash?  My hunch is your .profile file =
is being ignored.  Until it's resolved, as a work-around, you can refer =
to the ruby command using it's full path (/usr/local/bin/ruby) or create =
an alias to it...=20

alias ruby=3D'/usr/local/bin/ruby'

Jose
Jose Hales-Garcia=