On 29 Sep 2010, at 12:52, Rick DeNatale wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 7:19 AM, Eleanor McHugh
> <eleanor / games-with-brains.com> wrote:
>> UK-based full-time open source developer =
(http://golightly.games-with-brains.net) on a very restricted budget is =
booked to speak at RubyConf about this: =
http://www.rubyconf.org/presentations/34. Urgent assistance sought with =
travel expenses and accommodation or I'll likely miss the gig of my =
life.
>>=20
>=20
> Ellie,
>=20
> I wish I could offer you more than my best wishes for this. I need to
> get there myself http://www.rubyconf.org/presentations/39

Should be a very interesting session - hopefully full of insights I can =
steal for GoLightly before I make a hash of its object support.

> and I'm using up frequent flyer points.

I know that feeling all too well. The last of my travel budget for the =
year's going on Strange Loop next month, which is my first serious =
chance to talk about the stuff I'm currently working, and then aside =
from RubyConf I'm also hoping to get to Conferencia Rails in Madrid.

I've decided God will provide, whether he likes it or not! Although it =
looks like he'll probably need a helping hand from me lol

It makes me realise how much I used to take travel for granted when I =
was a productive member of the community and not some despicable =
ramen-eating, twitter-stalking hacker :)

> I was excited when I saw you on the program and I'm looking forward to
> meeting you in person.

Does seem a bit mad that we've been chatting here for five years or so =
and not met offline. Clearly I need to round up the entire US Ruby =
community and repatriate you to London. I'd did briefly consider making =
the move the other way, but it seems like a lot more effort >8o

And I'm sure you'd all get used to our beer and weather eventually ;)

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains
http://feyeleanor.tel