On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 20:48:42 +0900, Gary Rutledge <garyrut / gmail.com>
wrote:
> Thanks for you help Stefano!
>
> I can't find a .irbrc file, and my mac is set up so hidden files are
> shown so that's not the problem.
>
> Running irb -f does show the "irb(main):001:0>" , so that's half the
> battle!
>
> Still getting the unknown regexp though, even with the -f command.
>
> any ideas?

You need to post your full irb session and the file you are trying to
require/load. The error looks like at some point in your file you must
write:

/ThisIsYourRegExp/gary

Which to Ruby looks like you are trying to give the options 'gary' to the
RegExp. Given the coincidence of your name, I would suggest you have a
simple syntax error in the file you are trying to load.

--
Alex Gutteridge