On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 1:22 PM, Simon Corcoran <seye69 / gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I have extended BDI::Row as below in order to use dot notation to
> retrieve columns values from result rows. It seems however that some methods
> like inspect for example now get caught as missing by this hook and are not
> found and executed as expected. Could anyone shed any light on this
> behaviour please?
>
> class DBI::Row
> def method_missing(name, *args)
> puts "method missing #{name}"
> result = by_field(name)
> end
> end
>
> simon

Are you talking about Ruby/DBI?

http://ruby-dbi.rubyforge.org/git?p=ruby-dbi.git;a=blob;f=lib/dbi/row.rb;h=dcf40396ee59c6cf36ab9fec937f38f012570e4d;hb=HEAD

DBI::Row uses DelegateClass to delegate some of the behaviour to an
Array. Right now I'm not really sure how DelegateClass works
underneath, but it seems your overriding of method_missing is messing
with it.

Sorry, I don't have a solution right now.

Jesus.