I truly appreciate the help from everyone.

*Couple more questions:*

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 10:28 AM,  <satoshi / rin-shun.com> wrote:
> Hi Ruby Student,
>
>> I tried subscribing to shoes / librelist.org but it was impossible!
> `.org`?
> I'm not sure it's okay or not.
> But according to this Librelist web page: http://librelist.com/
> You should send your email to shoes / librelist.com.
>
> Try again and if you couldn't subscribe. You may be better to send your
mail to meta / librelist.com like this:
http://librelist.com/browser//meta/2010/7/28/cannot-subscribe-flask-librelist-com/

>> I am attaching my image so you can analyze it and comment on it.
>> The image was rejected by the ruby forum.
> Could you upload the image to some free web site?
>
>> 1 -
>> how can I tell Shoes to place them on the center of the pane,
>> without having to specify margin?
> How about the following?
>
> Shoes.app do
>  five_buttons_width = (46 + 2) * 5
>  seven_buttons_height = (40 + 2) * 7
*Where these numbers, (46 + 2) * 5 and (40 + 2) * 7 come from? I guess the
46 is the width of my buttons, but what about the hight, which I also
defined as 46?*

>  flow :width => five_buttons_width,
>    :left => (width - five_buttons_width) / 2,
>    :top => (height - seven_buttons_height) / 2 do
>    %w(7 8 9 + sin
>       4 5 6 - cos
>       1 2 3 * sinh
>       tan cot 0 ln /
>       cosh Exp log tanh =
>       Mod n! sqrt x*2 x*y
>       % e Pi Clr Ce
>    ).each do |btn|
>      button(btn, :width => 46, :height => 46){}
>    end
>  end
> end
>
>> 2 -
>> using a stack to keep items within a flow one on top of the other
> Oh, good idea.
> But if you need two groups of radio buttons, you should add something like
this:

> Shoes.app do
>  flow :margin => 6 do
>    radio :a; para strong("512b BK")
>    radio :a; para strong("1K BK")
>    radio :a; para strong("MB")
>    radio :a; para strong("GB")
>    radio :a; para strong("TB")
>    stack
>    radio :b; para strong("Deg")
>    radio :b; para strong("Rad")
>    radio :b; para strong("Grad")
>    radio :b; para strong("DEC")
>    radio :b; para strong("HEX")
>    radio :b; para strong("BIN")
>  end
> end

 *What is the effect of the :a and :b flags? I noticed the actual radio
button very closed to the previous label.*

> Or simply use two flows in one stack like this:
>
> Shoes.app do
>  stack do
>    flow :margin => 6 do
>      radio; para strong("512b BK")
>      radio; para strong("1K BK")
>      radio; para strong("MB")
>      radio; para strong("GB")
>      radio; para strong("TB")
>    end
>    flow :margin => 6 do
>      radio; para strong("Deg")
>      radio; para strong("Rad")
>      radio; para strong("Grad")
>      radio; para strong("DEC")
>      radio; para strong("HEX")
>      radio; para strong("BIN")
>    end
>  end
> end
>
>> 3 -
>> I tried to use the Pi symbol and the square root symbol and
>> other symbols as caption/lable for the corresponding buttons
> Need to add some encoding like this:
>
> Shoes.app do
>  root = [8730].pack 'U'
>  pi = [928].pack 'U'
>  button root.force_encoding "UTF-8"
>  button pi.force_encoding "UTF-8"
> end

*Sorry, but I still could not get the pi symbol!*

> You can find unicode number on this website:
> http://ideas.paunix.org/utfrefcon.htm
>
>> 4 -
>> What is the difference between para and caption?
> Almost the same, except font size.
> Look at Shoes manual: http://shoes.heroku.com/manual/TextBlock.html
>
>> 5 -
>> How can I reduce the space between flows?
> Umm,.. I'm not sure what you want to do. Does the following help you?
>
> Shoes.app do
>  flow{para 'aaa'}
>  flow{para 'aaa'}
>  flow(height: 20){para 'aaa'}