On Sep 20, 1:46=A0pm, Younes Baghor <w3bwizart... / gmail.com> wrote:
> Luis Lavena wrote:
> > On Sep 20, 12:34 pm, Edmond Kachale <edmond.kach... / baobabhealth.org>
> > wrote:
> >> Younes,
>
> >> I stopped using mysql gem. The whole gem is messed up seriously.
>
> > Really? How? Please provide the real details.
>
> > I package the MySQL/Ruby extension as a gem and tested in Ubuntu, Snow
> > Leopard, Leopard and even Windows.
>
> > Please be more specific on what you mean by that.
>
> > It is clear from the mkmf.log output that either the wrong mysql or
> > the wrong compilation options are attempted to be feed into the
> > compile process.
>
> if it works with you can you tel me how for snowleopard. For you it is
> obvious but not for me

How you installed MySQL? using binaries form dev.mysql.com or using
MacPorts (sudo port install mysql5?)

If using ports, it should find the path automatically. If not and was
installed by binary packages, first you need to ensure the binaries
are in the same architecture your Ruby installation.

After checking that, you need to ensure mysql_config or mysql5_config
is available in the path (using which).

Then you can provide it to the gem installation process:

gem install mysql -- --with-mysql-config=3D/path/to/mysql/bin/
mysql_config

--
Luis Lavena