Hi --

On Sat, 18 Sep 2010, Gary Wright wrote:

> On Sep 17, 2010, at 1:27 AM, Ryan Davis wrote:
>> On Sep 15, 2010, at 05:27 , David A. Black wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all --
>>>
>>> More tickets for RubyConf will be going on sale today (thanks to some
>>> space-juggling). We're going to sell them for one week or until we run
>>> out of room, whichever comes first.
>>>
>>> Keep an eye on: http://www.rubyconf.org
>>
>> I've got to ask... why are tickets on sale before speakers and schedule are announced? That just seems really backwards to me.
>

> It is also a bit difficult to schedule travel if you don't know the start/end times for the sessions.

We'll start at 9:00 on Thursday, and end around 4:00 on Saturday. As for
the ticket sales and schedule and so on, it's just how it played out
this year. Usually it isn't that way, but I'm not too worried about it
since at this point it's pretty well-known what kind of program we
offer, if not the details of every talk. We're well on the way to
finishing up the schedule.

David

--
David A. Black, Senior Developer, Cyrus Innovation Inc.

   The                   Ruby training with Black/Brown/McAnally
   Compleat              Philadelphia, PA, October 1-2, 2010
   Rubyist               http://www.compleatrubyist.com