Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng <hgs / dmu.ac.uk> writes:

> I have a rather large ruby program, too large to post. When I run it the
> standard output is produced as I expect. When I run the program with the
> output | tee or redirected to a file, output goes so far and no more data
> is added to the screen or the file.

Is your large program long-running, and are you waiting for the output
as it runs? If so, you might want to check to see if your output is
being buffered--many I/O libraries will buffer output which isn't
going to a terminal device. Once you pipe stdout to another program,
it isn't going to a terminal, and so the behavior changes.

Regards

Dave