On Dec 15, 2005, at 15:17, Doug H wrote:

> I'd recommend the exact opposite.  If you ignore the libraries and GUI
> toolkits, the book is virtually useless.  Most people are using
> ruby to
> develop _applications_, not to learn programming for programming's
> sake.

I agree with the other poster about the expectations the title
creates. I readed the book and was useful for me because i was
learning, practical issues are addressed, and you are exposed to
idiomatic Ruby. But I would expect it to evolve to explain "The Ruby
Way" of programming, so my vote goes there.

Explaining libraries and toolkits is certainly useful, but a topic
for a different book in my opinion.

-- fxn