On Sep 17, 2010, at 11:39 AM, James Edward Gray II wrote:
> On Sep 17, 2010, at 12:27 AM, Ryan Davis wrote:
> On Sep 15, 2010, at 05:27 , David A. Black wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all --
>>>
>>> More tickets for RubyConf will be going on sale today (thanks to
>>> some
>>> space-juggling). We're going to sell them for one week or until we
>>> run
>>> out of room, whichever comes first.
>>>
>>> Keep an eye on: http://www.rubyconf.org
>>
>> I've got to ask... why are tickets on sale before speakers and
>> schedule are announced? That just seems really backwards to me.
>
> I seems very strange to me too.
>
> James Edward Gray II

Particularly the second round.  I could understand if it were more like:

* limited seats are opened and call for talks is still open
* proposals closed
* speakers and schedule announced
* all remaining seats are opened for registration

but I'm with Ryan and James (and *many* others) who don't understand
the current situation.

-Rob

Rob Biedenharn
Rob / AgileConsultingLLC.com	http://AgileConsultingLLC.com/