On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 12:27:54 -0500, Charles Roper
<reachme / charlesroper.co.uk> wrote:

>Assuming you installed Ruby using the RubyInstaller package, look in
>the Start Menu for Ruby 1.9.2-p0 and select "Start command prompt with
>Ruby". Now change directory (CD) to where your Hello.rb file resides;
>i.e., type this and hit return:
>
>cd "C:\Documents and Settings\brazee\My Documents\Code\Ruby\"
>
>Now type Hello.rb and you should get the output of your program.
>Alternatively, you can type: ruby Hello.rb
>
>Hope that helps.

Thanks.   That worked.   I didn't have to change the 1st line.   I
wonder if it ran when I clicked on it from the Windows GUI - except it
ran and finished without me seeing anything in the text program.

How do I run that same program when I copy it to my Mac?

- James Madison