I just installed Ruby on a Windows XP machine.   At the start of the
path is:
C:\Ruby192\bin;

I created
C:\Documents and Settings\brazee\My Documents\Code\Ruby\Hello.rb

How do I run it?   When I look at it in explorer, it has a Ruby icon.

I cut and pasted a ruby program from the Web - but I suspect the first
line doesn't fit this environment.

(I'm going to try at home on my Mac and expect I'll have to make a
change to that line there as well).

- James Madison