Hi,
bash will look for files in the PATH but in the same order as in PATH.
Hence if you have two files/programs called the same in two different
directories included in the PATH, bash will give you the first one.

That may explain some of the problems.

The shebang only works if your file is set as an executable. To fix
that you can use:
chmod 755 <filename>

Finally I don't think you need to have the final colon in your PATH...
though I don't know if that has any effect.

How that helps
Diego