I am almost there but not quite.  I need to round UP the computed tax
amount to the nearest 5 cents (or $ 0.05).  I have gotten to the point
where I can round (up or down) to the nearest 5 cents.  Here is my
funtion:

# computer the tax for each item given quantity, price, and percent tax
def compute_tax(quantity, price, percent_tax)
  raw_value = (quantity * price * (percent_tax/100.0))
  rounded_value = (raw_value * 20).round / 20.0
  rounded_value
end

This does not work for the cases where the computation of raw_value
works out to something like 0.5625 for example.  The function shown
above returns 0.55.  I would like it to return 0.60 in such cases.
Cannot figure this out.

Appreciate any help in advance.

Thanks.

Bharat