Chris Morris wrote:
> .. but what does that form buy me over the other? Is it simply
> communicating intent?

No, it also supplies a namespace.

irb(main):001:0> class X;end
nil
irb(main):002:0> module Y
irb(main):003:1> class X;end
irb(main):004:1> end
nil
irb(main):005:0> X.id
538249450
irb(main):006:0> Y::X.id
538241860

With a namespace, you avoid conflicting with toplevel classes. That
means if you make a class String, Range, Array, Hash etc, you don't
modify the built-ins, but create your own.

--
<[ Kent Dahl ]>================<[ http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~kentda/ ]>
  )__(stud.techn.;  ind. econ & management: computer technology)__(