--0016361e813cb26fdb048fd5a2f4

Like a lot of Rubyists I came to the language at the same time I got into
Rails. InstantRails was quite popular at the time so I defaulted to Windows
because it was just so easy to get and entire db/web server/rails
environment up and running. Textpad has always been a favourite editor of
mine so I kind of stuck with that. Even now I'll still occasionally use that
stack (XAMPP now instead of InstantRails) but it's become harder and harder
to stick with Windows as my use of specific gems has grown. I cracked too
eventually and went down the Mac route which is yards better.