On Thu, 28 Mar 2002 02:49:41 +0900
patrick-may / monmouth.com (Patrick May) wrote:

<snip>
> Sessions
> Ruby sessions aren't quite as great as they should be.  IMHO, the API
> for creating sessions is a bit confusing.  I've run into a few path
> issues on windows.  A friend pointed out that the Session files don't
> seem to get deleted, and you end up with clogged temp directories full
> of outdated session files.

I'd like to point out that I've update the session management a tad
there is the update and examples here:

http://www.rubycookbook.org/showrecipe.rb?sessionID=jz8H8Re7b3bUop2u&recipeID=135

The updates don't go very far, but they make using sessions a little
more bullet proof. The issue of undeleted temp files maybe a Windows-
only problem. I've only run into this when my programs weren't working
correctly, or the session was never terminated completely. Both
situations really have nothing to do with Ruby, you are going to have
these problems in any language. That is what tmpwatch(unix) and whatever
the equivalent on windows is for.

--
Daniel P. Zepeda
daniel / zepeda-zone.net