On Friday, September 03, 2010 05:07:17 pm Jonathan Nielsen wrote:
> A goal of the project was to put this type of functionality up for
> consideration to be included in the Ruby interpreter - feedback related to
> this is welcome as well.

If it can work well as a Gem, especially if it doesn't need to know much about
the Ruby interpreter itself -- for example, if it just uses some zip library,
and is otherwise pure-Ruby, even better if it's a pure-Ruby zip library, or
something from the standard libs...

I'd much rather things like this _not_ go in core. This is the whole reason we
have gems -- I think it's pretty cool, but I'm not going to use it in every
Ruby script I write, and when I do need to use it, it's only a 'gem install'
away.