Thanks for the responses.

On 2 Sep 2010, at 10:33, Ryan Davis wrote:

>=20
> I got your back:
>=20
> http://blog.zenspider.com/2009/08/gem-path-rubygems-and-you.html
>=20

I tried that just before I mailed in and it didn't work :(

> Try these:
>=20
>   sh -c 'echo $GEM_HOME'
>   sudo sh -c 'echo $GEM_HOME'
>=20
> to get the true picture.

That gave me the same results as before, unfortunately. I'm a bit =
perplexed as the env variables are being passed through but the load =
path isn't updated and is still missing the one line I want.=20

I don't seem to be able to find how the load path is built =
automatically, only stuff on how I can alter it after the fact, which =
won't help me in the long term.

Is there somewhere I can just add the path hardcoded? I don't really =
care about configurability, I'm not moving my gems anywhere else soon.

Regards,
Iain=