As of this morning I am just starting to work with Ruby 1.9.  I note
that there seems to be some behaviour change between 1.8 and 1.9 with
respect to require. Specifically, I have this construct.

#!/usr/bin/env ruby

require File.dirname(__FILE__) + '/../lib/deploy/pg_access_setup'

PGAccessSetup::Main.new(ARGV).execute

With ruby 1.8 this works exactly as I desire.  With ruby 1.9.2-p0 I get
this behaviour instead:

<internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require>:29:in `require': no such file to
load -- bin/../lib/deploy/pg_access_setup (LoadError)
        from <internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require>:29:in `require'
        from bin/pg_access_setup:3:in `<main>'

I have spent some time googling for answers to this and I have checked
this forum's archives for hints.  I am either using the wrong terms or
not understanding what I am reading.  Whatever the matter is, I cannot
decipher what the difference is.

If anyone here can tell me what I need to change to get this to work
under Ruby 1.9 AND Ruby 1.8 I would be most obliged,
-- 
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.