Ok,so as a little practice I've decided to come up with a Guessing Game
where the user is able to guess a number, and if it the same as the
randomly generated number by the computer, he gets a message that says a
little hooray message. That part is done, and completed, but now I need
help
with tracking the amount of entries he makes in gets

Here is my current code:

random_number = rand(10)

puts 'Can you guess the number?'
puts 'Select a number from 1-10 please'

players_number = gets.chomp

while players_number.to_i != random_number.to_i

  while players_number.to_i < random_number.to_i
  if players_number.to_i < random_number.to_i
    puts 'Sorry your to low'
    puts '_________________'
    random_number = rand(10)

    puts 'Can you guess the number?'
    puts 'Select a number from 1-10 please'

    players_number = gets.chomp

  while players_number.to_i > random_number.to_i
  if players_number.to_i > random_number.to_i
    puts 'Sorry your to high'
    puts '__________________'
    random_number = rand(10)

    puts 'Can you guess the number?'
    puts 'Select a number from 1-10 please'

    players_number = gets.chomp

  while players_number.to_i == random_number.to_i
  if players_number.to_i == random_number.to_i
    puts 'Congratluations! You Win!'
    random_number = rand(10)

    puts 'Can you guess the number?'
    puts 'Select a number from 1-10 please'

    players_number = gets.chomp
  else

Can anyone help me with tracking the amount of entries he makes? Thank
you.