The script I used just does "puts 'Hello'".
I thought that it might have been a known problem, but I haven't seen anyone
mentioning about it in
Ruby speed discussions, so it does not seem to be common problem.
I thought that it might be the way I built it so I downloaded mswin32
version from the
"Pragmatic Programmers"'s web site and it was the same.
If cygwin version is not going away, I guess I can keep using cygwin
version.
Thanks.

"Lyle Johnson" <ljohnson / resgen.com> wrote in message
news:ua1d6a732kg58e / corp.supernews.com...
> > I have noticed that on a slow machine(AMDK6 266 MHz, 90 MB memory)
mswin32