On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 10:58 AM,  <ironmanusa / hushmail.com> wrote:
> The University of Washington was running a course but looks like
> its stopped this year in favor of
It didn't stop in favor of anything. It's on a one-year hiatus for a
number of reasons. In addition to the enormous time commitment that
Ryan mentioned, we came to the conclusion that the curriculum needed
to be revisited in light of changes to the overall UW PCE program.
Specifically, we needed to be really, really sure that we wanted to
continue doing Beginning Ruby, Rails, and Advanced Ruby in that order,
or wanted to consider moving Rails into the web development program,
or or or... there were lots of issues.

I've been told that we'll be back in Fall of 2011 with a refined
curriculum and hopefully some solutions to the time commitment issues.

Ben