--3O1VwFp74L81IIeR

Iain Barnett:

> Being English and able to spell proper like, innit, I find I'm
> creating a lot of stupid errors by writing `def initialise`
> a lot.

:)

> I tried this:

> class Object
>   alias :initialise :initialize
> end

> but it didn't work.

It definitely does work you can start using #initialise instead of
#initialize in your code. Note that it doesn°«t make other code (notably,
BasicObject.new) call #initialise all of a sudden, which is probably
what you°«d rather have, innit?

(You probably want to redeclare BasicObject.new,
except you probably don°«t want to, not *really*.)

°Ĺ Piotr Szotkowski
--
phrases that shouldn°«t exist on the web:
read more after the jump

--3O1VwFp74L81IIeR

--3O1VwFp74L81IIeR--